Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I spy...NOTHING!!!


Ta-da! Look mom and dad...I did it!!! They took my NG tube out yesterday and gave me a trial run of alternating breast and bottle feeds. And guess what, I gained weight! Today I am 2184grams (4lb 13oz)!!! That's why I'm smiling in that picture above! I know that 2 Timothy 4:17 is true for me and that the Lord is standing by my side giving me strength! I am one step closer to home!

This means that I will hopefully be in my REAL home by the end of the week. HOORAY!!! Tonight they are letting me "room in" with my parents which we're all SUPER stoked about!

This is my nurse practitioner, Karen, who has been watching and rooting me on ever since I got the NICU. She is AMAZING! I wish we could take her home with us. We are FOREVER thankful and grateful for the incredible staff that we have been blessed with here at Medical City. It almost...almost makes us kind of sad to leave them because they have been SOOOOOO WONDERFUL! I know it also thrills my parents to be getting me home but I have a feeling they're a little nervous too. Please pray for them as we transition me home-they think I'm this little delicate peanut and I keep trying to show them what a TRUE WARRIOR I am. Please pray for me too, that I keep growing into a strong warrior, stay healthy and free from ANY illness. The doctors say because I am a preemie anyone with sniffles, sore throat, cough, cold, allergies, and other little kids, etc. I have to stay FAR away from because if I get sick it could put me back in the ICU.

About an hour ago I had my circumcision. It went great and I could tell my doctor was proud of his work :) Which makes my mommy and daddy happy! Mommy fed me after and so far so good. I'm taking a nap and hoping the lidocaine effects last for a while.

Here I am with Mama getting some good skin to skin snuggle time this morning. Snuggle time with her or my Daddy is my favorite time of day. I can't wait til my daddy gets home so I can snuggle up with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment