Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One year ago...yesterday

Exactly One Year Ago, yesterday, April 16, 2012 our lives changed in an instant!

We had just gotten back from our LEAP trip to Haiti that evening and were exhausted. Blake, like the usual hard worker he is, went to go check on the pool, our garden and yard. I on the other hand went to take a MUCH needed shower and to take a pregnancy test. Thinking we were not going to be pregnant this month since we had taken that month "off" of trying due to being out of town in Watercolor for our anniversary trip and then Haiti...Little did we know our God had other plans. I knew I had to take a pregnancy test that night so I could call our infertility Dr the next morning to let them know we were ready to start our next round of treatment. I remember having such unbearable stomach pain in Haiti and praying to God that if it was my appendix (I swore it was appendicitis) that he would put off any pain or rupture until I got back to the states and could go to a hospital at home...my guess now is it was our precious angel boy finding his home in my belly. Snuggling in if you will. Words can not do justice the joy, shock, and utter surprise I felt when I saw the words "pregnant" pop up on that test. It was, next to meeting you for the very first time, the most surreal and BEST moment ever of our road down parenthood. I'm not even going to try and type anything else on here to describe that night. I just know our God is the most gracious and loving father ever. No one can fathom all that he has planned for us. Ephesians 3:20 and 1 Corinthians 2:9. I thank our precious Lord everyday for the gift of our child. I pray we never take him for granted and love him unconditionally, like our Father in Heaven does for us.


Here is a tid-bit of that night. I had some of these OSU things saved for the day when I could tell your daddy that we were pregnant & since we just got back in town and had nothing in the fridge...I went and got pizza for dinner for us from Prego's. The sono was of the "egg" that my Dr was somewhat watching that round...Blake was unable to go with me to that Dr's appt so the Dr printed it off for him since I had not had ANY type of response in the previous rounds, this "egg" was a BIG deal (apparently BIGGER than we ever knew!)

It was PERFECT! PERFECT. And thank you Lord for electronics because I have it all on video too-although I'm not sure how to post video's on blogs :/ so you just get a still photo :)



Charles Hatch Bowen. My eyes fill with tears of joy just thinking about how you were brought into our world. You are the absolute BEST thing that has happened to your Daddy and I. I pray you not only see that in the way we love you, but also FEEL it. And more than that, I pray that you know that, even though you can't see or feel Jesus, that you know that he loves you infinite times more than your daddy and I do.

Thank you Lord for your blessings, big and small.

1 comment:

  1. AW.....yay I remember praying over that precious egg. SO exciting to see what our Magnificent God has done since then:)

    ReplyDelete